Brewing & Distilling: The Wizard of -OH
Have you ever held a beer in your hands and asked yourself “Where does it come from?” Have you ever wondered how to make it YOURSELF?
Join us in Graz from the 2nd to the 11th of February to see the magic happen! Come to the land of -OH and learn all the secrets to become a brewmaster or distiller - the BEST the world has ever seen!
Through our course you will learn the art behind selecting the best ingredients, combining them in a process refined in centuries of careful perfectioning and finally obtain drinks worthy of international recognition, so good they can defeat all wicked witches you encounter. And, of course, you will also get a chance to try them, while being surrounded by the winter wonderland of the beautiful Alps!
You will explore Graz, the most beautiful city of Austria, while meeting 20 other students from all over Europe with whom you will share 10 unforgettable days!
So what are you waiting for? Apply and come to the land where the weather and the beers are cold, but our hearts are always warm!
- Fields of activity:
- Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During the course, some of the topics covered will be: -Distilling and brewing process -Ingredients -Recipe creation -History -Basic concepts -In-detail practical process
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course aims to equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge on the topic of beer brewing and spirits distilling. Topics covered in the course range from basic concepts, nomenclature and history to the production process and practical experience.
- Examination type:
- Final test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The main criteria for the selection are the motivation letter and the answers to the questions, where we focus on the interest in the topic. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance among the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals a day, at least one of them hot. Cooked and served by our helpful organisers or local restaurants.
- Public transport, walking