When You Look into the Black Mirror Who Is Looking Back?
Have you ever wondered how you can trace a hacking attack and what measures you should take to prevent it?
Have you ever wanted to visit the home of Shakespeare's Hamlet?
Have you ever wondered why Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world?
If the answer to all three questions is "YES!", then look no further! This course is the one that you should apply for.
We are inviting you to Copenhagen to learn about digital forensics, the art of tracking down hackers and finding out how they managed to perform their attack. Furthermore, you will be learning about ways to prevent these attacks from happening and will get hands-on experience with how to deal with these attacks through a series of practical exercises.
Apart from learning about all the fascinating things related to digital forensics and incident response, you will learn and experience Danish "hygge", a magical feeling that has no English translation, get to know more about Vikings, their history and heritage and form memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mathematics
- Content and topics:
- Digital forensics, incident response, hacker attacks.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course provides an overview of the key concepts and challenges related to the incident response process in a big organization and how digital forensics can help an organization in an effective incident response. At the end of the course we expect participants to be able to explain how they can identify a potential attack, the possible impact on an organisation and how they can respond in such situations. The course will consist of lectures and practical parts including structured exercises where you will be an incident responder as well as digital forensic analyst.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions. Creativeness, resourcefulness (and awesomeness :D) are greatly appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cabin in Copenhagen.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them cooked and hot. We will ask the selected participants about any food allergies or special diets prior to the event.
- Public transportation.