Problem? The Solution: Rose!
Are you from a cold country? Or do you want to escape for the summer because it's almost 50 degrees? Then the Land of Roses is calling you to join this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the summer!
Let's be honest, everyone would like to run around the rose fields, smell the mesmerising essence of it, right? Not only that, but you will also have the chance to learn how cosmetics and food are made by processing rose petals through hard work. You will not only experience it firsthand during the lectures but also put your knowledge to the test during the company/factory visits.
If you're in for a summer with a lot of knowledge and fun, the Land of Roses is your best choice so far!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Rose cultivation, processing rose, product making, distillation methods.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The student will be introduced to all aspects of processing rose petals in order to produce cosmetic products such as hand cream, body lotion, soap, perfume, deodorant, as well as food. Part of the course will be theoretical and the other part experimental.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to activity related questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hotel, dormitories or students' houses
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them will be served hot
- Walking, public transportation and organisers' cars