Pimp My Gadget! Interactive Do It Yourself
Have you ever wondered, that you can learn a radically new approach in technology and architecture, by hacking electronic toys, learning very basic electronics and programming skills in two weeks? Explore these as field-work by building new gadgets or hacking the existing systems around their daily lives, in the wonderful city of Budapest!
Hey, we don't want to make you bored on lectures, this Summer Course is about interaction design, physical computing, and responsive environments, which topics - if you haven't met with them before - are the BEST, if YOU create, use YOUR creativity and YOUR hands! So, we are going to show you the most elementary stuffs, then let you and help to realize your most crazy ideas, creatively exploring new possibilities within interactive things!
Oh, you still have doubts? The Summer Course will be in Budapest!!! Good Hungarian wines can convince you? Or parties and endless fun? Hot summer nights? A really interesting topic?
Do you feel creative enough to take the chance? ;)
- Content and topics:
- The academical part is directed by Adam Somlai-Fischer (www.aether.hu) with help from several professionals from Europe. Platforms used are http://lowtech.propositions.org.uk/ and http://arduino.cc/. They have been teaching on similar events to artists and computer scientist as well, where most find their personal interest in what new things to build form these simple elements. To focus of the second half of the workshop is about creatively exploring new possibilities within interactive things, where any kind of academic background can serve valuable. If you find interest in blogs like http://we-make-money-not-art.com/, this event is for you.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To develop skills in physical computing and interaction environments.
- Examination type:
- project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Real motivation on the topic, cultural diversity, motivation letter (and answers of the custom questions).
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory of the University and in a weekend house at countryside.
- 3 times per day food is provided by organizers, at least 1 hot. (Made by the organizers, University canteen)
- Public transport