Home green home - Think of the future, build it with nature!
Dear citizen of the Earth, don't you think it's time to change the way we live? The climate is changing, the temperature is increasing and extreme phenomena (storms, inundations) are becoming more and more frequent... Did you know that in France, more than 40% of the electricity is used up in the buildings?... 25% of greenhouse effect gases are emitted by individual or collective houses... An important effort has to be done in buildings to stop wasting energy as well as water, and to develop the local production of renewable energy. Come to Grenoble and take part in this crazy event where ecological spirit will motivate you to change the world for the best! Come to Grenoble and spend a week-end in a cottage in the French Alps with unforgettable landscapes. Come to Grenoble to take part in our marvellous parties and to discover French culture : cheese, wine... French kisses...
- Content and topics:
- Complete information about the way to protect the environment in a building. You will learn how to build an ecological house : an individual one as well as a collective building. You will get notions on bio-climatic architecture, to discover how to benefit from renewable local resources (wind, water, sun)? You will evaluate what are the performances that we expect for building materials, and you will ponder on whether natural and non-toxic materials can be used. How do we produce energy from renewable resources: what does this production depend on? What can we do to consume less energy in our everyday life? Town-planning policy : is it possible to organise a local production of energy? What are the benefits of this local production? Level of teaching Introductory - no prior experience on the topic required
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main objective of this academic course is to demonstrate that lodging could have little/no impact on the environment. First, by avoiding wasting of energy and water, and secondly by producing energy from local renewable resources. This demonstration will be completed by the visit of buildings that follow these principles!
- Examination type:
- Practical work.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- People feeling concerned by environmental protection. The connection between the studies and the topic doesn't matter. People eager to meet new people.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories - Country cottage
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the residence or in a student restaurant - At least one warm meal per day.
- Bike : depending on the weather - Bus/tramway.