Energy: The answer is blowing in the Wind!
Did you ever blow out and wonder how to produce energy from that? What do you say we roll-up our sleeves and prepare to get dirty while trying to convert wind into electricity?
Yes? It may be invisible but, the potential of wind power is considerably bigger than our current needs.
Since ancient times, Portugal has mastered the art of harvesting the wind. First during the 15th and 16th centuries when we were at the vanguard of European overseas exploration and nowadays being one of the world top wind markets.
For ages we kept our secret on how to harvest the wind, but now we are ready to share our secret with you and so, we invite you to come to Portugal and get to know more about this invisible, but yet, powerful energy source, while enjoying our amazing summer weather, beautiful beaches, ancient history, magnificent sunsets, delicious cuisine and of course the BEST parties.
Come see for yourself, we will blow your mind, go on... Apply!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to Wind Power; Fluid Mechanics; Conversion of mechanical energy into electricity; Offshore Wind Energy; Installation and maintenance of wind structures; Insertion of the produced energy in the network; Impacts on loads maps.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal of this event is to provide participants with basic scientific knowledge in the field of Wind Energy.
- Examination type:
- Open book exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and 3 free answer questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory.
- University canteen and delicious food cooked by the organisers.
- Public transportation and your own feet.