Exploring DIY. Materials and techniques to build just about anything
The workshop aims to introduce the students to the world of materials along with the ways they can be used to build a variety of useful objects. There will be a series of lectures describing materials today, their characteristics as well as their potential. The field of re-using materials will also be addressed. There will be also lectures on how contemporary fabrication techniques can make this process easy to do-it-yourself, using parametric software and cnc equipment.
Students then will have the opportunity either to make their own materials and/or use them to built a project they will design.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Examination type:
- Team Design and Presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Organisers' places.
- University's restaurant (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Transportation during the event: Bus, organisers' cars