Make me pretty, make me a European Capital!
Hey there, architecture-lover!
Yes! I am talking to you! I want to ask you something!
What are you going to do this summer?
Answer #1: I don't know!
What??? Don't you have any plans?
Well, now you have one! We have prepared the most awesome summer course for you!
It sounds like this:
We are looking for some creative students to be a part of our effort to make Cluj-Napoca the European Capital of Culture in 2020. Just imagine! You'll study a given area in the very center of our beautiful city trying to activate it socially and culturally through small architectural and urban interventions, all these while discovering the charm of Cluj-Napoca and its super nice people.
Looks pretty cool, eh? Sure it does! But sight is only one of the five human senses! You have to be here to satisfy the other four!
Answer #2: Sorry! I have other plans!
Well, that's simple! Cancel all the other plans and read answer #1!
What are you waiting for? Hit that "Apply" button and start searching for a cheap ticket to Cluj! We have prepared many surprises for this summer and we can't wait to meet you!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture
- Content and topics:
- What are the traits of good urban design, how to activate an urban cultural space through small contemporary interventions using the place's history.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn to design for maximum impact with minimum means, learn how to use a contemporary architectural design in a historical public space, exercise your sensibility and empathy in a local context towards a cultural goal.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and interest in the topic. It's recommended to have basic knowledge in the field of Architecture.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student`s dormitory
- Three meals per day: breakfast in dormitory and 2 hot meals
- Public transport