Keep It Sustainable, Stupid!
We know you are concerned about our environment, and, lets face it, policy alone is not going to get us there. What will?? Engineering of course!
No, this is not your average course on sustainability. This, people, is the most effin fun effective one! Lets put words into action. Lets talk about solutions, not problems.
Come to Leuven this Summer for an unforgettable course about sustainability in which you will learn about tomorrows technology to tackle pollution and reduce waste. Interesting lectures from world renowned professors, a challenging case study, visits to companies which put the theory into practice, youll experience it all here! The complexity of the course will be kept to a fairly basic level such that students from different backgrounds can apply for the course.
Together with us, you check out the longest bar of Europe, the best chocolate and yummiest fries, one of our many Belgian breweries, and yes.. you will learn how to draft a decent beer! Of course, we don't waste any food here, so prepare yourself! Besides those jolly visits, you will simply be charmed by our lovely city, owned and ruled by students. Its old center is full of history, but yet so vibrant! A party is never far away!
So if you are ready for this awesomeness AND you know how to ride a bike.. then APPLY for the experience of a lifetime!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Sustainable solutions for environmental challenges! The focus lies on what's possible today and what can be achieved in the future. Some company visits are organized for a more practical experience. Some of the subjects that will be treated, amongst others, are recycling of hard-to-recycle-materials, filtering of polluted water and air, and CO2-capturing and cracking. You'll acquire a sustainable point of view from which you can find creative solutions for present-day environmental problems.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Creating awareness of the environmental impact of our actions. Acquiring knowledge about the current and future technology that can be used to reduce this negative impact. Discovering how this technology is put into practice during interesting company visits and practical sessions.
- Examination type:
- Written examination, multiple choice or presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answer to questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories
- 3 meals per day, of which one hot. All meals will be prepared by the organizers.
- Bikes, bus and organizers' cars, so you have to be able to ride a bike!!