FrankenstAIn - it's alive!
About 200 years ago, a monster was born in the hills of Bavaria... The famous Dr. Frankenstein might not have been from Franken himself, but we ‒ the local BEST group of Erlangen, his loyal descendants ‒ have taken it upon ourselves to continue his work and take over the world!
For several years, we've been searching for the long lost laboratory of Dr. Frankenstein, where the secret of Artificial Intelligence (AI) lies. In the last year, our crazy and courageous scientists have finally found his hideout. Now, we need your help to decrypt our findings and be able to conquer the world!
Erlangen is not only the base of the secret lair of Dr. Frankenstein, but also the home of one of the oldest Beer fests in Germany. Furthermore, this area has the highest density of breweries in the country, amazing lakes, and beautiful hills. The BEST place to enjoy the summer, right?
But don’t get too distracted, if you want to find all of FrankenstAIn's mysterious secrets, the headquarters of Siemens are also located in our city ‒ one of the leading companies in the field of AI.
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Industrial Engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this summer course, we will travel from the beginning of AI to the current world’s state-of-the-art technologies. We will survey the up-to-date equipment and most recent procedures, go through pattern recognition, deep learning, machine learning, and more! Not enough excitement? You'll also have the opportunity to witness the latest progress in worldwide known companies, institutes and departments.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- We will aim to familiarise you with the basics of AI and its applications.
- Examination type:
- Case study or oral presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants need to be fun and open-minded, but be respectful and proactive in the academic portion of the course. A great motivational letter (with jokes), creative answers to the questions and diversity within the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth house in Nuremberg and Erlangen
- Homemade food, three meals a day ‒ at least one of them warm
- Public transport (free during the course) and walking