Renewable energy - the power is yours again!
Everyday you read about it in the newspapers. Every time you turn on the radio it is mentioned, you turn on the TV and there it is, the documentary you want to hide from. But we can't hide from the truth any longer, we need to face reality. In using immoderate amounts of fossil fuels the world has come to suffer. Global warming and mass destruction of the earth is not some vague theory anymore, it's a threat we have to deal with. Fossil fuels are something that belong in the past, it's time to use our imagination and find other ways to extract energy.
In this course we will explore renewable energy sources, the hope for all mankind. We will study wind, wave, solar and marine current energy possibilities from a different point of view. After the course you will have a good overview of all the existing renewable energy sources, and what you need to do to improve them.
Uppsala University conducts high level research on renewable energy and now you can take part of this knowledge through lectures and fieldtrips. Our brilliant professors will guide you in your quest for salvation.
After the lectures we, the organicers, will make sure that you get to experience everything Uppsala and Sweden has to offer. We will take you to the famous student clubs, you will get to know what a crayfish party is all about and a lot more. You will of course also get to know a lot of fun and interesting people who all share the same goals, saving the planet!
- Content and topics:
- Renewable energy(wave, water, solar etc)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Increase knowledge about renewable energy.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Fun people who are interested in the topic of the course and a motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student accommodation in small groups
- Traditional Swedish, big breakfast. Warm, lighter lunch at 12.00 and hot dinner in the evening.
- Biking, as a traditional Uppsala-student ;) Not long and not heavy. Bus when necessary.