2011: A Smart Space Odyssey
On this course we are going to discover smart spaces from many different perspectives: smart cars (Knight Rider! <3), smart buildings, smart logistics, smart traffic? building the smarter world! We will have amazing speakers and lots of practical, hands-on, content: workshops, case studies and excursions! No more monotonous lectures - this odyssey is going to be so exciting that you will keep your eyes wide open all the time!
Yes, this is the country of Nokia, more than 100 000 lakes, the best education system in the world, Santa Claus, sauna, Minttu, Fazer chocolate (the best chocolate in the world!), disco dance lessons by the famous Blomqvists, classy sitsit parties, crazy ski jumpers, and hernari + other tasty healthy food! Our northern paradise is something to experience at least once in a lifetime!
Best Helsinki is something very unique too! For example, we invented the infamous Sauna-Crawling that people know all over Europe (do not miss this opportunity)! Not to mention our other imaginative superb parties! As real Finns we will make the course like our country is: well organized, original, and with a touch of quality added to every aspect!
We also have this event and fanpage in Facebook, find out more there!!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Smart Spaces, i.e. smart traffic, smart buildings, smart logistics, smart security technologies etc. Therefore many fields of engineering will be involved. We will have great speakers on the lectures, from Aalto university and further. There will also be speakers from several companies to give good real-life insights. About third of studies will be practical - workshops and case studies. And company excursions as well!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn about smart spaces, why those are needed and how the "smarter world" philosophy is implemented in practice.
- Examination type:
- Case study / presentations.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and questions. We want motivated, innovative, fun people!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory (*****) on campus.
- Breakfast, lunch (student canteen), dinner, snacks. We take especial pride on healthy, good food (ok ok, we?re not in Italy, but on the student scale, the food will be awesome!).
- Walking, public transportation.