''My course in ruins" : PRESERVING HISTORY
What if you could travel back in time and bring back in life a whole civilization through restoring-reviving-rebuilding its monuments?
Equipted with modern technology and creativity all you have to do is :
1)fill the application
3)jump into a plane and
4)get the chance to experience the BEST journey in time.
And all this set in a sunny background!
Come to Patras and give it a try!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures:-use of polymers for the preservation of the monuments -Strength of Materials that are used for that purpose Workshops:-oxidation of marble in enviromental conditions -familiarize with excavation techniques -strength tests in materials that are used for that purpose -ways of restoration of an ancient document
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn more about conservation ,see the buildings with an other perspective and respect them
- Examination type:
- written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic, motivation letter, Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's dormitories
- University's restaurant, restaurants in the city and homecooked by organizers (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Bus, taxi, organisers' cars