The adventures of a grape!
Do you know that Maribor has the oldest vine in the world?
For all you "agriculturalists" out there in Mother Europe, enthusiastic students from Maribor have an event for you! In eleven days or less, you will experience the agricultural efforts of local wine growers that work hard as masters of their craft to mold the fruits of Earth.
We will take you on a journey from a simple grape through physical labor to complex machinery, and then through elementary chemical processes that take their time in order to form the end result which we understand as wine.
If you would like to know all this and more, apply to our course NOW!
See you all soon in Maribor/Slovenia! :)
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Wine/viticulture - enology - alcoholic fermentation - wine tasting - gastronomy
- Learning goals and objectives:
- We will provide knowledge of wine making and taking care of vines. You will gain the information about the cultivation of the vineyard.
- Examination type:
- Practical work + written test.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and interest for the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory.
- 3 meals per day.