European Week 2011 - Power Up Without Blowing Up
What is energy for you? Red bull? Oil derricks? For me it raises security issues.
Indeed, energy production, transport and supply generate technical and geopolitical concerns.
If all engineers had come to our course, there would probably not have been oil slick in the Gulf of Mexico!
So come to Paris to discover what is at stake when energy and security meet!
You will also be lucky to be introduced to the city of love by real crazy frenchies!!!!
Wine, cheese, Eiffel Tower, arrogance let?s overcome these widespread clichés!
- Fields of activity:
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- During this course, you will attend lectures, case studies and company visits about security solutions related to energy.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To think about new issues about energy, and its impact both on technological innovation and engineering.
- Examination type:
- Written exam at the end of the week.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We're looking for participants with both a genuine interest in the topic, and a genuine will to make this event unforgettable! As you can guess, our LBG doesn't lack energy !
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Rooms (with shower and toilets) in campus flats will be shared between two participants.
- Typical French food, including cheese and wine. We'll make breakfast and dinner, and you'll eat lunch in the school restaurant.
- Bus and train to tour the area. Subway will be used inside Paris, and to go to Supélec.