Space <- it's like HUGE, so get your satellite up there!
Ever dreamed of launching your own personal satellite? now you get the chance!
Come to the BEST summer course in Aalborg, Denmark and develop your own
satellite with fellow students from all over Europe.
Lectures and workshops will be given by professors involved in the Aalborg
University space program, which has existed since 2003 and is close to the
launch of its third satellite, developed by students.
Get ready for the amazing social activities, crazy parties and a world full of surprises.
Discover the little big city of Aalborg and it's beautiful surroundings in the
northern part of Denmark. We are looking forward to the BEST satellicous summer
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Build a satellite and launch it (probably with helicopter and parachute). Obtain communication with it and measure key parameters before hitting the ground. The course will be a combination of lectures, workshops and group work. Topics covered during the course are Space Mission Development, Space Mission Design, Orbit Planning, Spacecraft Analysis, Spacecraft Design, Spacecraft Subsystems, Mission Critical System Design, Subsystems: Electronic Power System, Communication, Onboard Processing, Flight Planner, Attitude Determination and Control, P/L Design.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Get an idea about space engineering and learn how to communicate in space.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Open minded and motivated
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- School and mattresses
- Generic food, not especially Danish
- Biking and buses