ABB - Robot Engineer
The Robotics and Discrete Automation division supplies products, solutions and services to in-crease productivity and ergonomics. ABB Robotics is a pioneer and one of the leading global industrial robotics companies and has the widest global footprint of any robotics company with presence in 53 countries. As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail. The European Application Center (formerly Intrion) for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services. To design and develop these robot-centric automation systems, we are looking for both junior and experienced Robotics Engineers.
• Carry out maintenance and preventive inspections according to a planned schedule.
• Follow up small changes, modifications and installations at clients;
• Provide sales support for small changes: specifications, prices, eventually planning;
• Provide assistance and take care of the final editing in the composition of as-built project files and provide assistance in the testing of new projects at delivery;
• One week a month be available round the clock as first-line support for clients with any problems (via phone, modem connection and/or on the spot intervention);
• Keep constantly your knowledge up to date on the latest developments in the techniques used, so that clients can proactively receive information about possible improvements.
• You report to the department chief in the support department.
• Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
• An Engineering degree in electromechanics, electronics or automation (or equivalent by experience);
• Strong mechanical reasoning capabilities to visualize work output;
• For junior Engineers: willing to follow a PLC Engineering training program within our Training Academy, in order to expand your general automation skills. After having worked as PLC Engineer on a few projects, you will be trained to become a Robots expert;
• For Experienced Engineers: willing to follow a training program within our Training Academy (adapted to your experience) regarding our Robotics standard before starting to work on projects with the guidance of our Technical Coach;
• Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Team player;
• Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
• Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
• Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
See requirements above
In line with role and experience
Please apply on ABB Careers website: https://new.abb.com/jobs/details/BE68066989_E7