ABB - Software Engineer .NET
As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail. The European Application Center (formerly Intrion) for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services. We are looking for a Software Engineer to design and develop software in .NET which drives logistical flows, production processes and prototype machines.
• Designing and developing of applications in .NET Core using Visual Studio;
• Work out the functional design (Software Engineering part of the system);
• Perform the technical analysis in order to design UML schematics, flowcharts, interface specifications and communication diagrams;
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment with a continuous development process (CI/CD)
• Define and write test plans;
• Perform in-house simulation / emulation / testing;
• Execute on-site commissioning in close cooperation with commissioning engineers;
• Validate test plans and contribute to the execution of integration tests;
• Write the user documentation.
Degree in applied informatics, industrial informatics, electronics or computer science (or equivalent by experience);
• Experience in developing applications in a Windows and/or Linux environment, using an advanced object-oriented language, preferably C#. Net – We welcome young graduates as well.
• Knowledge of the Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server databases is an asset;
• Knowledge of virtualization techniques such as VMware, Hyper-V, Docker,…;
• Willing to follow a PC Engineering training program within our Training Academy and on the job supported by our Technical Coach (will be adapted depending on your experience);
• Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
• Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Team player;
• Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
• Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
In line with role and experience
Please apply through ABB Careers website: https://new.abb.com/jobs/details/BE69150375_E1