KIC InnoEnergy - MSc RENE - Master's in Renewable Energy
Renewable energies are changing the energy industry fast, creating a more diverse sector with huge opportunities for new technologies, new businesses and new ideas. The Master’s in Renewable Energy (MSc RENE) provides in-depth knowledge of all major renewable technologies, the opportunity to specialise in areas that interest you most, and courses in business skills and innovation management to develop the energy engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators of the future.
Combining traditional teaching with practical, challenge-led projects, and hands-on engagement with established businesses and exciting young start-ups, MSc RENE gives you the skills and experience to design, develop and deliver the next generation of renewable energy solutions.
Throughout the MSc RENE programme you will have unrivalled opportunities to engage directly with major industrial players and research institutes through a series of activities throughout the programme. Major enterprises such as Total, EdF, Energias de Portugal (EDP), and Iberdrola are all actively involved in the programme, as are smaller companies and start-ups like CorPower Ocean, EOLOS, Principle Power Inc, and Tecnoturbines.
MSc RENE is an international programme for an international industry. You will join students from all over the world for two years at two different universities and two of Europe’s leading business schools. After successfully completing the programme and your thesis, you will receive a Master’s degree from two of the following institutes in the form of a double diploma:
- Master of Energy Engineering and Management, from IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Master of Science, from KTH: Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Graduate Degree Programme in Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management (STEEM), from École Polytechnique, Université Paris-Saclay, France
- Master of Energy Engineering, from UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech, Spain
MSc RENE is a programme labeled by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
Join us in shaping the future of global energy. Find out how to apply for our unique programmes and kick start your career on to the path of entrepreneurship and engineering. Do you think you have what it takes? Read more about our application here.
Before applying, make sure you can meet all the admission criteria:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree (worth a minimum of 180 ECTS credits)*
- English language proficiency
- Programme-specific requirements
* If you are in your final year of undergraduate education, you can also apply and receive a conditional offer