|Place, Dates & Organisers
Place: Stockholm, Sweden
Dates: 9 June 2013 to 18 June 2013
University: Royal Institute of Technology
BEST Course on Technology
Fee: 40.0 euro. Convert to
Depending on the country of your university, the amount of fee can be lower. [Read more]
Application until: 18 Mar 2013 at 23:00 CET
Application deadline has passed.
Prior knowledge required
(Basic knowledge of Java, C, Python or Go aswell as an interest in learning parallel programming.)
Academic complexity: Basic [Read more]
Working time: 24 hours (estimated)
Do you want to experience FAKE MAGIC?
- Abrakadabra: Your professor will be a part-time magician!
Do you want to visit one of the most beautiful cities in Europe?
- Alakazam: You'll stay in incredible Stockholm, the Venice of the north!
Do you want to make your computer doing two things at a time?
- Lumos: Discover parallel programming!
Do you want to learn one of the most innovative programming languages of the moment?
- Alhomora: Go for "Go", the programming language of Google!
Do you want to work hard and party harder in parallel?
- Imperio: Welcome to the essence of both BEST and swedish culture!
Do you want to experience TRUE MAGIC?
- Simsalabim: Come to Stockholm and have the BEST 9 days of your life!
We'll show you the beauty and open-mindedness of Sweden, how to "fika" together,
how to get a stack overflow of fun and a mutual exclusion from boredom!
- Fields of activity: Computational Sciences, Computer Engineering, Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics: Go, concurrency, synchronization, deadlocks and parallelism.
- Learning goals and objectives: Main aspects of parallel programming and concurrency using the language Go.
- Examination type: Continuous examination through small tasks.
- Number of ECTS credits issued:
Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria for participants: Motivation letters and answers to the questions. Interest of parallel programming.
All of these are covered by the event fee.
- Lodging during the event: Student dormitories.
- Food during the event: Three meals each day out of which at least one will be hot.
- Transportation during the event: Public transport.
For more information about this event, check out the following links (these links lead to outside this website - if they turn out to be unavailable, please try again later):