Vitamin E(ntrepreneurship )
Get ready to become the next Elon Musk of food!
Have you ever had an idea you thought you could make money out of? Why didn’t you? Well, we will try to make sure that does not happen again.
This course will offer an introduction to entrepreneurship, using the example of the agro-food industry. You will learn the main entrepreneurship topics from entrepreneurs themselves, and in parallel understand the agro-food industry from executives that work for top companies. After these lectures you will have plenty of time to apply what you learnt in practice, but don’t worry, you won’t be alone in this journey, you will be working in groups to develop an idea to present at the end of the course.
While developing your idea, which one day might very well be called one of the greatest ideas of the 21st century, you will be lucky enough to sightsee in the beautiful city of Lisbon, where you will be buffed by our wonderful Mediterranean climate and able to get your stamina back with our traditional dishes and stunning beaches - all with the BEST spirit! These will be two weeks to remember that may well change your life: you will learn valuable skills to any creative process and, who knows, you may well end up taking the team with you and the idea to market!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Value proposition canvas, business model canvas, and lean startup. Innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture, food production, food distribution, and restaurant chains
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main objective is to understand what is entrepreneurship today, using real-world examples from the agro-food industry.
- Examination type:
- The evaluation will be done based on the final project and the presentation at the end of the course. There will be individual and group marks.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection criteria will be based on the interest and knowledge shown on the topic, on Lisbon, on its culture, on the originality of the motivation letter and answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student’s dorm rooms.
- Three meals per day with at least one of them being hot. All food costs will be covered by our LBG.
- Walking, public transportation and university’s bus.