BEST Engineering Competition - Pump it up!!
If you are ready for adventures, you are good. If you are looking for new challenges, you are better. And if you are creative, enthusiastic, full of enery and you want to share this great experience with many new friends from all around Europe, you are the BEST for this BEST Engineering Competition!Even more,you will spend the most crazy 11 days in the unforgettable city of Barcelona!!!Could you ever imagine an event giving you so much practical knowledge?? Have you ever wanted to squeeze your creativity and test your abilities in an Engineering Competition?? Have you been looking for a great challenge that motivates you to keep up the good work? Then this your event!!! University and Companies preparing a challenge for participants to solve... will you be in the BEST team??? Test your management and strategic skills in the Case Study category while developing your imagination and creativity in the Team Design. Do you want to have a great bath in the Mediterranean beaches of our city? Do you want to know our traditions celebrating the Barcelona Annual Festival? You'll never find a better occasion to visit our city, during these days you will enjoy the real spirit of Barcelona. You'll be able to get lost in its streets, to admire the incredible architecture, to take part in the modernist tour, visit our wellknown museums. And...at night, enjoy our parties, concerts, clubs, bars and even our national evening. You will also enjoy a weekend trip to the ancient city of Tarragona where you will meet the ancient roman culture during the day and the roman traditions at night!!! Of course, we will also teach you the secret of the famous Sangría!! Will you miss the opportunity to reveal the mistery of the magic city?! We are waiting for you!
- Content and topics:
- BEST Engineering Competition (BEC) is an international event where teams of students use their technical, social and communication skills to complete a concrete task. For some specific conditions given (time, situation, materials...), the teams of engineering students compete to obtain a result with the highest quality in execution, cost and innovation. Creativity, adaptation and imagination are the key factors to confront this challenge. The event is divided in two parts: preparation sessions and competition sessions. * Preparation sessions: In order to achieve homogeneous knowledge and abilities, the teams devote the first sessions attending to TRAININGS. * Competition sessions: BEST Barcelona has chosen two categories: Team Design and Case Study in which the whole group will participate.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Develop soft skills such as communication, presentation, team building, creativity, management, leadership.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the results in front of a jury
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel in the city centre during the week. Hostel by the sea during the first weekend.
- University menu for lunch and catalan food for dinners
- Public transport