Create a WWWorld for Everyone - Accessible Web Design
Can you imagine our life without technology which surrounds us? Would you be able to do your job if you were unable to use a computer and the Internet? Unfortunately, not everyone can benefit from them.
According to the World Health Organization research, an estimated 10% of the world's population experience some form of disability or impairment. The number of people with disabilities is increasing due to the population growth, ageing, etc.
Being aware of those figures and of the fact that technology surrounding us should be available for everyone, we would like to invite you to take part in a learning event concerning accessibility of the World Wide Web.
During the course you will learn how to build a website which is user friendly and easily accessible. You will also have opportunity to discover the city which never falls asleep while taking part in unusual activities such as tram party or pub crawling. Finally, we will make you familiar with our culture, tradition and of course Polish cuisine.
Don’t hesitate… APPLY and experience the BEST Spirit in Lodz this summer!
- Content and topics:
- The course will focus on accessibility and usability aspects of web design. Participants will have opportunity to learn: basic web design issues, what it means to make a site accessible, the advantages of making a site accessible, what the assistive technologies are, what the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are, several techniques to make your Web pages accessible, some additional details regarding accessibility. Students will attend both lectures and laboratories. Company visits are also planned.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students will learn how to build a website according to the accessibility and usability guidelines
- Examination type:
- Written exam or a website project evaluation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- People interested in the topic and those who want to socialize and have fun
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students’ dormitory
- The food will be provided by the organizers (at least one hot meal a day)
- Public transport paid by the organizers