Oh no you WOODn't!
Do you want to discover a civilization of people who have never been touched by technology, never seen Facebook or driven a car? Where they sit in the mud and swat mosquitos away as they whittle themselves a spear?
Too bad, you would have to fly to the Amazon to find that civilization, but legend has it that there is a place in Europe, where 1.3 million people live, so nature crazed, that they make extraordinary things from trees. Our Estonian forests cover over 50% of our territory and we have nothing to do with the trees, so people have started making watches, ties, bowties and glasses that are made out of wood.
You too shall be included in this not-so-ancient ritual and get your hands dirty by making something of your own. Yes, you guessed it, out of WOOD!
We shall make you live in the magical Old Town, take you to the place where Shrek lives… not the castle...the bog and have an amazing weekend on an island. So come and join these crazy tree hugging beautiful Estonian women and hot muscular lumberjacks.
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Get to know the basics of wood and putting that knowledge into practice.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will learn about typical and mechanical qualities of wood and how to process wood with CAD and CNC-technology. They will learn different wood types and test flexural and compressing strength of timber. At the end of the course each participant will have their own made wood object which was made during the practical part. Also during company visits participants can see how different objects are made out of wood.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on a motivation letter and answers to our questions. Be as creative as possible and show us your interest!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel, cottage at the weekend.
- Three meals per day, at least on of them hot.
- public transport, rented buses, boats.