Are you smarter than a fiber?
Hey there my fellow friend!
What if I told you that textiles are not only related to clothes, fashion, design?
Well my dear, if you really dig into the topic, you’ll see that fibers can be smarter than you think and material engineering is... EVERYWHERE!
Get ready to follow the thread and discover with us the whole path of developing materials, from the historical textile factories up to their modern usage in medicine, chemistry, electronics, environmental protection and much more!
Come to Lodz and find out how Chinese people can survive in the most polluted environment in the world, on what basis you can create wearable electronics and how hydrogels can be used in biomedical engineering!
Here, in the city build by textile manufactures, you will experience the best 10 days of your life! Getting to know amazing people from every corner of the Europe, having (un)forgetable time at theme parties, trying famous polish dishes (and drinks!), all of this is waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Telecommunications/Electronics , Textile Engineering & Technology
- Content and topics:
- During the course student will be familiarise with different topics related to material engineering and its usage in other brands of technology. The whole course will be divided into ‘Blocks’, each of them devoted to different field of activity (textile identification, textile for medicine, textile for environment, textile for protection, textile in electronics etc.).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to familiarise the students with overall topic of material engineering and it’s usage in modern technological fields of activity. They will discover whole process of developing textiles from basic textile manufactories to modern high-tech laboratories. During the course they will take part in various lectures, presentations, laboratories and workshops, which will expand their knowledge of unusual textile usage. Thanks to relatively broad topic, students from many different faculties will be able to learn something new and useful for their future educational development.
- Examination type:
- Continuous examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in topic, motivation letter and your answers.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals per day, at least one warm.
- Public transport, buses.