The Rise of Electric Vehicles - IoT based charging systems
Do you want to know how electric cars actually work and if they really are an alternative to traditional vehicles?
Have you ever wondered how smart devices communicate with each other?
If you find these questions interesting and you want to spend an amazing time in one of Europe's greenest capitals, then this is the BEST course in Summer for you.
During 8 days we will be looking into the function of electric vehicles and smart power charging infrastructure. You will be able to test your knowledge by finding solutions to problems of insufficient charging networks, smart urban development and communication among devices. By building a model environment, you will be able to put your knowledge and ideas into action!
Apart from working on your project, you will realize why our country has LOVE in its name. You will be taken on an adventure through secret streets of our capital, by the best possible guides - local BESTies. You will be able to take stunning pictures from top of the city castle, try traditional dishes and learn the basics of one of the hardest European languages. During the weekend trip we will go to the countryside, where you will be able to experience the beauty of Slovenian nature, along with fun outdoor activities.
If you are already excited, apply to BEST Course in Ljubljana now. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During the course you will have lectures, company visit and project work addressing the following topics: electric vehicles, charging systems, IoT development, smart urban development.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is for participants to get better knowledge about building an IoT based communication network and its building blocks. These topics will be explored through the implementation of a power charging system for electric vehicles. Participants will use their gained knowledge to build a working model composed of charging stations and electric vehicles, connected by a decentralized communication system. It will be used as a testing ground where participants can implement innovative solutions and tackle the lack of charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected based on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- During the week, participants will sleep in a dormitory or hostel and on the weekend trip in a private house in the countryside.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot (provided by organizers).
- Everything will be covered by organisers. Mostly cars and public transport will be used. Transportation during the event will be provided at no extra costs