Small things change the world
Where reality ends science-fiction begins... or so we thought.
Once upon a time, there was a man who got his head smashed by a falling apple, elsewhere lived a pair of brothers who craved to fly, a woman who wanted to play monopoly, or this guy who wanted to take the first selfie. It all started with a dream. A dream of a better tomorrow.
Smartphones, wireless networks, artificial intelligence, only a few years ago all of these things seemed impossible. They are no longer just a fantasy and now we face yet new technological challenges to conquer. These are the Key Enabling Technologies - The Microelectronics, Nanoelectronics, Industrial Bioengineering, Photonics and Advanced Materials.
That is why BEST brings you experts from the Institute of Electronics and Photonics in Bratislava with long term experience in cutting edge technologies to help you master the basics of key technologies that shape our lives. You will learn how these technologies make progress and gain first-hand experience through experiments and tons of practical tasks. Moreover, you will take a look into some of the world’s top-grade high-tech facilities like the International Laser Centrum.
Don’t worry, the air tickets are cheap. Come to Bratislava this summer and meet the mad scientist who dwells inside you.
Don’t just stand by. Be the innovator!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Participants will receive basic knowledge on Nanotechnologies in microelectronics, nanoelectronics, industrial biotechnology and advanced materials, their applications and see them in action.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide participants with basic knowledge on technologies that shape our future and economy and to help them develop through a series of lectures, experiments, other practical tasks and excursions.
- Examination type:
- A short presentation on a topic of choice at the end of the course
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- School canteen, prepared by organisers; three meals per day, at least one cooked
- Public transport, walking