Los Pollymeros Hermanos
Do you wanna know more about polymers and where to find them?
From clothing to food and water production crossing a wide variety of fields polymers are part of our recent past, our present and will have a major role in our future. Starting with the composition of earth’s crust, making a big detour to our hair and nails and ending in your toothbrush or the plane you’re probably going to catch come here, in this course you’ll have the possibility to explore the polymers around us and how to produce, modify and analyze them. From 22nd of July to 2nd of August Coimbra will be the capital of polymers, but this is not only thing we can offer you!
Be ready to experience our sunny beaches, a Mediterranean diet and an awesome culture in a secular city of students! All this and much much more provided by Local BEST Group Coimbra.
Convinced? So start applying, we are waiting for you!!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to materials
- Polymer families and synthesis chemistry
- Natural polymers versus Synthetic polymers
- Polymers properties
- Chemical characterisation techniques
- Polymer processing and rheology
- Polymers applications
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In this course you will have the possibility to learn more about the polymers around us and how to produce, modify and analyze their different types.
- Examination type:
- Group oral presentation about the course subjects
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Show us your interest in the topic, Coimbra and Portuguese culture by writing a Motivational Letter full of spirit and originality. Also, the three questions below are mandatory!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms or an Erasmus residence
- Breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch/dinner (at least 1 hot meal) will be provided by the organisers. Some meals will take place at the university canteens but you'll also experience Coimbra's finest chefs!
- Car, Bus, Foot