Watch it, Play it, Change it, Share it ..... TECHNOLOGIC - [EVENT CANCELLED]
NOTE: - This event was cancelled due to unforeseen conditions which made it impossible to guaranty the quality standards of a BEST event -You all played video games, didn't you ? Or watched an animation movie in 3-Dimension ? And you had a great time ! It was fun, nice and exiting ! But have you ever thought about how all of these are working ? What are the high technologies and computational methods involved ? Come to discover the other side. The way sounds are created, 3D images generated, how does image processing work to detect objects on pictures, and many more.... But wait, this course is not only about computers and maths. You will also taste the French culture (food, wine, French kiss !!!!), discover the beautiful city of Lyon and its surroundings, and get dizzy from parties and games.
- Content and topics:
- The course will focus on different aspects of computer graphics and sounds. It will consist of lectures, classes and practical work on various subjects : Mesh Parameterization: Theory and Practice, Wavelets in computer graphics: from images to 3D meshes, Graphical models and energy minimization for computer vision, Sound synthesis and signal processing, Data structures for algorithms designed in computer graphics and video games...
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide an introductory knowledge and some practice on computer graphics and sounds.
- Examination type:
- Written exam or small group projects
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on their motivation letter, interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student rooms on campus
- Lunch at the students' cafeteria + Some gastronomic lunches cooked by ourselves !
- Public transportation (tramway, subway, buses...)