European Week 2010 : from the energy source to detection : light up !
Have you ever dreamt about Paris ?
Because WE are dreaming about YOU ! The city of light is currently getting hotter and hotter when they heard about PARTYcipants coming from all over Europe.
Let's be romantic, let's be crazy, let's be Freeeeennchie !!! Wine, cheese, Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge, French Kiss... come and touch these widespread clichés with all your senses !
During this week, you will attend interesting lectures and company visits about the use of light in your everyday life. Light is not only what you think, it is much more. Light up yourself by meeting professionals coming from all over our country.
- Content and topics:
- Light in all its forms : applications of the "visible invisible". The spectrum of the applications of light is probably just as wide as that of light itself. Research is very active in many sectors of industry such as energy, nuclear, electronics, defense, telecommunications, and biomedical. It is therefore a transverse field of study. Light is about to revolutionize our world by infiltrating our lives! By developing the applications of light, we will achieve the economic, ecological and technological targets that appeared to be utopian 10 years ago.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To think about new issues about light, and its impact both on technological innovation and engineering.
- Examination type:
- Written exam at the end of the week.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Good will, interest in the topic and in French culture.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In the Supelec students' dormitories
- Typical french food, including cheese and wine. Everything will be cooked by us for breakfast and diner, and by the school's restaurant for lunch.
- Bus and train to tour the region. Subway will be used inside Paris, and to go to Supélec.