Nanotechnology, size does matter !
Nano means smaller than small. So small, that a nano-sized structure has to be magnified 10 million times before we can see it with the naked eye.
In the world of new and promising technologies, ‘nano’ is one of the hippest words.
During this summercourse we want to give a broad view of what is going on in this current nano-revolution. With the cooperation of IMEC, Europe’s largest research company in the field of nano-technology, this shouldn’t be a problem. Next to the nano-world you'll discover during this course, there will be plenty of deca, kilo, mega, ... to see next to that ! What about a nice big bar of chocolate or a good beer for example ?! Meet lots of new and great people in our wonderful city and find out that Europe also is a small world !
- Content and topics:
- Nanotechnology: - General introduction (physical approach) - Nano materials - Nano electronics (in cooperation with Imec)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal is to give an introduction on, and an overview of, the possibilities of nanotechnology.
- Examination type:
- An exam with the combination of multiple choice questions and open questions. Participants will be allowed to use their notes.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- No special criteria. We'll select participants in order to have an equal devision between boys and girls. We'll also try to have a good division in countries and cities.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will stay in a place called 'Dijlemolentje'. During the year it's a place where students (between 12 and 18 years old) stay. Participants have a room each. Kitchen, showers and a sitting area are available in the building.
- We'll provide at least one hot meal a day. The food will be cooked by organisers and be mainly Belgian.
- Train, busses and walking.