Optical Communication Systems & Networks: Lightpaths to the Future
Have you ever dreamt about Internet at light speed?
Optical fibre based networks are developing quickly. Would you like to learn how to design these optical communication networks? You will learn about state-of-the-art technologies and trends on this field, such as IP over WDM and the newest techniques used for the optimisation of these networks.
You will be able to discover the real world of fibre optics in the lab doing experiments that will allow you to touch, measure and enjoy a true hands-on experience in this amazing field.
Not enough for you... You want even more? In the non-academical part, you will be able to enjoy the BEST "sangria" during the greatest parties a bunch of crazy Spaniards can organize. We won´t tell you anymore; if you want to have an unforgettable experience, apply and you will have the possibility to spend with us the BEST time of your life.
Are you going to be able to wait until the end of the summer??
- Content and topics:
- Study of the implementation of networks based on optical fiber. Check course homepage for detailed info.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Get a general idea about the concepts in which optical communications are based on.
- Examination type:
- Written exam and continuous assessment
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- No special knowledge background. Don't needed telecommunication studies. Interest in subject. Level of English enough to express themselves. Active people. A little crazy.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel. Don't need sleeping bag.
- Breakfast in the hostel: coffee or cacao, juice, biscuits.. also tea and cheese or ham for participants not used to this kind of breakfast. Lunch normally in student's restaurants: two first dishes you can choose among three, one second dish (meat or fish) and dessert (usually fruit or yogurt). Dinner: every day it's different. Lighter than meal. (Vegetarian menu are also available on request)
- Generally by urban bus. The nights we go out, participants return to the hostel by taxi (paid by the LBG).