A look inside! Do you mind? - The human brain inside out
You are using it every day, even right now, it is a body part you cannot do without, it has eluded scientists for centuries and we still do not fully understand its inner workings: The Human Brain!
So use your brains and come to Eindhoven to spend the craziest weeks of your life and discover parts of yourself that you never knew before!
- Content and topics:
- The focus of the course lies in discussing the latest developments in brain research, and how we can use technology to gain more insight into the workings of the human brain. During this part, special attention will be given to the different scanning technologies and analysis of the data they produce. Finally, in the last part of the course we will put this newly acquired knowledge of the brain into perspective, by diving deeper into the possible future applications of this research and by discussing the consequences it may have for the way we see ourselves.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - basic understanding of the processes in the human brain - basic understanding of brain research methods and technologies - basic understanding of implications and applications of the results of this research
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic and contributing to the atmosphere.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- At the place of an organiser or host.
- The Dutch way! Breakfast: sandwiches Lunch: same as breakfast Dinner: warm typically Dutch meal. But don't worry, we have lots of ketchup and salt!
- By bicycle, expect a trained body after the course. Excursions of longer distance are done by train or bus.