Kiss Me, I'm Radioactive! Get Friendly with Nuclear Energy!
They say that the only way to defeat your fear of a certain thing is to understand it. If you're afraid of dogs, and you raise one, you will never be afraid of dogs again.
So are you afraid of nuclear power? Come learn about it.
Are you afraid of nuclear waste? See how it is handled.
Are you afraid of beautiful snowy mountains? Are you afraid of golden beaches? Are you afraid of partying every night with crazy-sexy-cool organizers? Well, then come face those fears as well, and have a nuclear Summer Course!
Not afraid? Come here and prove it! Come have a taste of our nuclear palinca, and yell out as loud as you can: "This course is the BEST!!!"
- Content and topics:
- The course will focus on the nuclear politics, non-proliferation and prevention of nuclear terrorism, next-generation nuclear reactors and space applications of nuclear power. We will visit the Nuclear Fuel Factory, the Institute for Nuclear Research and Cernavoda Nuclear Power Station.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- At the end of this course, the students are supposted to know how nuclear technology works and to have an idea about the ecological aspects of the nuclear field.
- Examination type:
- Case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We are looking for participants motivated by the topic, friendly people ready to discover the Romanian spirit together with other European students.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be hosted in the student hostel next to the university.Rooms are with two beds and have their own bathroom.
- We will have three meals per day, at least two of them warm. Breakfast will be served at the dorm and it consists in a typical Romanian breakfast every morning (milk, juice, bread, cheese, ham, coffee, and tea). Lunch/Dinner: during the week meals will be normally served at restaurant near the university(2 hot meals).
- From the university's dorm to the class room it's about 10 minutes walking. For the traveling during the weekends in Romania we will use a private bus. In Bucharest we will use public transportation.