PUBlishing - Create it! Design it! Print it!
Internet. Everything is there. You can get any information you need, any picture you like. Totally for free. So WHY A HELL is it possible, that "Playboy", "Forbes", "Esquire" keep earning millions of dollars per year just for selling the "outdated paper magazines"? "New York Times", "Guardian", "Financial Times" are still the most influential sources of information. People all over the world spend their money, because they want to SMELL, READ, TOUCH and HEAR the rustling of the newly printed pages.
There is one place, where the secret is known. The location is: the biggest country of Europe, the largest university of the country. The city, which never sleeps, the one, where you can find absolutely everything possible to imagine and even what is impossible to imagine;) Bright and mottled like a glossy magazine cover; rich with its history, so that thick folio can hardly fit it. Just like the "Times" edition, this city lives at the furious pace!
Feel excited? Hardly scared by the fact, that all those creative publishers are a bit "not of this world"? Ready for the most outstanding experience ever? Wanna quench your thirst for knowledge?
If yes, Kiev is the place for you to spend the HOTTEST summer of your life and to discover all the secrets of the mysterious PUBlishing industry - from the zero point, when the idea is born and until the final moment, when the last drop of paint dries ;)
- Fields of activity:
- Multimedia and Communication Design
- Content and topics:
- You will get advanced knowledge about the whole process of publishing. Also you will be involved in all production steps starting from idea till creation of final publication product.You will attend lectures, practice and company visits, where you will be taught everything you need to know about publishing and printing.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get an overview of printed products and gain knowledge about text and graphic processing.
- Examination type:
- Group project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitories
- Three delicious Ukrainian meals everyday, at least one served hot
- Provided by organizers