IT Sports - it's on the field!
It all started in the 8th century BC in the ancient Greek town of Olympia, where the first competition was held to impress the father of gods, Zeus. But over the years the Olympic movement spread and also reached Austria.
...Do you consider yourself a Greek god/goddess or at least can play to be one as good as Arnold Schwarzenegger?
...Were you wondering how Olympia and Mister IT meet?
...Were you wondering how burning Manner taste? (Viennese tradition)
Then keep reading :)
Since the establishment of the Olympic Games, a new era of multi-sport events has developed for specific communities and audiences. Nowadays, computational advancements have started a new trend development of smart and intelligent systems for a wide range of applications such as personalised coaching and training apps. The new IT era includes sensors for position and motion detection for equipment and physiological monitoring, i.e. giving real-time feedback on football tactics. In the future we will shift from technologies to intelligent systems that allow enhanced social interaction in order to improve user-friendliness, measurement standardization and transmission protocols.
During this 10 day summer course, you will be introduced to theoretical and practical lectures regarding IT in Sports, Tactical Analysis (based on position data) along with Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing in Sport.
Despite the technical focus of the course, attendance makes sense for students of almost all disciplines. Work out, get fit and get ready for 10 days filled with SSPP dilemma (sleep, sport, party or party?), computational advancements in sports, the BEST participants and Vienna's flare which keeps overwhelming people longer than the modern Olympic exists!
Auf Wiedersehen in Vienna!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Sports-related technology, pervasive and ubiquitous computing, real-time systems, tactical analysis among others.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students should gain an understanding of the topics mentioned through theoretical lectures and practical laboratories.
- Examination type:
- Final Exam, probably a multiple choice test
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select participants based on their motivation letters and application questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will stay in a hostel in the centre of Vienna. During the weekend trip you will probably be accommodated in a cottage.
- Cooked by our lovely orgaNICErs :) Three meals a day will be provided, at least one of them warm.
- Public transport, walking.