Flood Protection: How not to get wet!
As we all know, water is irreplaceble substance in the life of human. Protection of water sources is very important and frequently mentioned topic. But not this time.
BEST Bratislava prepared for YOU technological course "Flood Protection: How not to get wet!"
In this summer course, water will not be the one who needs protection. It will be us, our homes, cities and the whole country.
You will learn about the power of the water, about all hydrologic, hydraulic and environmental aspects of flood protection.
Not only boring lectures are prepared for you but also field trips, relax and bonding with people from all over the Europe in our mighty Partyslava city!
Imagine that feeling you will have after exams in June, when there is still some adrenalin left in your blood and come to get rid of it with us!!
We are eagerly waiting for people who will help us create the BEST water management course!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Hydrologic, Hydraulic and Environmental Aspects of Flood Protection
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get a new knowledge about means of flood protection.
- Examination type:
- Project - presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to questions. Participants should be interested in topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- School canteen, at least one hot meal/day
- Public transport