Don't Let Me Down ft. Bridges
Can you imagine living without Bridges?
How difficult would it be to move around the world if it wasn’t for them?
From the ancient Arkadiko Bridge to Golden Gate, bridges have been helping and connecting us for as long as we can remember. The environment has been working tirelessly to take them down, but we are getting better and better at dealing with the many challenges mother nature throws at us. In our course, you will discover the BEST of German engineering and technology. We will cover all you need to know about bridge construction and stability - from materials through planning and design to construction and why bridge disasters happen (as well as how to avoid them).
There is no bridge in Aachen, but Aachen itself is a bridge - our city is the meeting point of 3 countries, making it one of the most diverse places in Germany. Here you will find stunning historical sights to explore, a beautiful cathedral and our chocolate factory, which will make your trip even sweeter. Meet amazing people, taste our delicious Printen and Wurst (but not together) and have a nice cold German beer with us.
What are you waiting for? Kickstart your summer and become a part of Don’t Let Me Down ft. Bridges together with 21 other like-minded students from all over Europe! Apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Conservation-Restoration , Environmental Engineering , Logistics , Materials Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- History and introduction to bridge construction, materials science within the construction field, bridge types, bridge statics, vibrations, bridge disasters and how to avoid them, 3D planning, project management.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Get introduced to construction material science and statics, learn about bridge types, planning and the construction process, as well as risk and quality management. Also, you will improve your soft skills and learn how to work in a diverse team.
- Examination type:
- Written and/or oral examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, interest in the subject, answers to the questions (be creative!), positive attitude towards the event, interest in Aachen and the German culture. Aiming for gender equality and a variety of nationalities.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cozy country house.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked, all provided by organizers or the canteen (no extra costs).
- Rented buses (no extra costs).