A Polymer now: living the Plastic Dream!
The world we live in has changed enormously over the past 100 years. One of the most significant changes has been the invention and the putting to use of plastics. From the tires of your bike to the stockings of your girlfriend, the outside parts of your computer or the inside of your car: plastics and polymers are all around you. In a time of sustainable development, every day their role gets more and more important.
LBG Leuven wants to give you the opportunity to get to know your world a bit better. So are you interested in polymer engineering? Do you want to know about carbon-fibre composites? On top of all that, do you discover Belgium, its historical cities like Bruges or Brussels, or its (true) reputation of having the BEST beers on the planet? :-)
Then apply to this course, and be ready for your future in plastics!
- Content and topics:
- Polymer synthesis, Physical properties, Polymer processing, Light-weight composites, specific engineering uses.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Providing an introduction in polymer engineering.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A mix of sexes, nationalities and ages will be taken into consideration.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory
- Cooked by the organisers
- Public transport + walking