Facing the 21st century and its environmental challenges, former production means have to be revisited to become more environmentally friendly. This summer, come to Liege and learn how chemical engineering can be used to avoid or to reduce the emission of air pollutants. During the event,you'll also have the chance to discover Belgium, Liege and other beautiful cities like Bruges and Brussels, capital of Europe! Of course, you'll taste our various, numerous beers, cheeses and ... chocolates! Without forgetting the friendly Belgian spirit and our crazy parties!
- Content and topics:
- This course will mainly focus on four different approaches of the atmospheric pollution problems: General introduction to atmospheric pollution - Everyone knows when something's burning. Learn more about combustion and its role in today's production means. - Pollution and its impacts: acid rains, greenhouse effect, tropospheric ozone,... Designing new materials for environmental catalysis - That course will present strategies to produce efficient catalysts involved in wastes ou pollutants catalytic treatment. Two applications will be emphasized: hydrodechlorination of chlorinated wastes and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) abatement. Chemical Reactors Engineering - Applications of Chemical Reactors Engineering to gas epuration Get to know some of the main methods for atmospheric pollution reduction. More info on the course website!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The learning goals are to give a good and wide overview, as well as technical understanding of the new technologies in Environmental Chemistry with particular focus on atmospheric pollution.
- Examination type:
- To be determined.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The selection will be based on the participant's motivation letter and on the equilibrium in the participants' origin
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Residence on the campus, with single room for everyone.
- University Canteen. The organisers will also show their cooking talents!
- The greenest transportation mean of all: walking! Bus and train for the visits and activities.