Martian Holidays - Mobile Robots Competition
Teach, and I may remember.
Involve me, and I learn
- Benjamin Franklin
During our course participants will execute the project of the Martian mission. They will be split into five teams, four persons each. The task will be to plan the mission, construct the robot, and reach the main goal of Martian mission - they have to find life specimens. Students, while bringing the mission to successful finish will have to develop teamwork skills. For building robots we will use the Robotics Invention System 2.0, product of LEGO Group from series LEGO MindStorms.
- Content and topics:
- There are different ways of studying. You can only read books or you can listen to the lectures. You can also swot for exams. But the BEST thing that you can do is to experiment. If you do so problems stop being academic, and the real world is the BEST exam. We call this way of study: the learning by doing, the hands-on learning or the problem-based learning. We try to implement this method of teaching at our University.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After completing the course, the student should have enough knowledge to construct simple mobile robots and mechanisms with complex control.
- Examination type:
- Case Study, competition
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter. Preferably students of Computer Science, Electronics, Robotics, Mechanics and others that might be anyhow connected with mobile robotics.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Restaurant / Self service breakfasts
- Public transportation