Kick the ball and track it!
Learn how to design software for real-time tracking of moving objects in dynamic video scenes.
Main application area will be the tracking of players in TV soccer games.
The very ambitious participant might even conceive an electronic
referee detecting off-sides and the likes.
A similar project in our University : https://biprossix.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/trictrac/
- Content and topics:
- - Introduction to image and video processing - Detection and tracking of moving objects in video - Mapping images to world models - Towards an automatic soccer referee
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - Learn how to process live or real-time video imagery and to design simple object tracking algorithms. - Learn about more advanced algorithms under development by the host research group. - More generally, learn about computer vision and perform hands-on experiments
- Examination type:
- Successful completion of a tracking algorithm during the course of the project and a short written exam.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Application Letter Programming abilities
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Residence
- University restaurant Cooking by organisers
- Bus, Train and car