Feel the speed. Feel the engineering. What's behind Formula 1 cars?
Formula 1 is much more than a sport or simply a TV event. Formula 1 is cutting edge technology, team working, a big effort and constant challenges. And everything developed in a multicultural environment.
Go far away and discover this engineering work that usually lies behind TV screens: ultra light alloys, beryllium brake callipers (those that you would only find in a jet), engines with outstanding performance, wind tunnel tests, high efficiency fuels, last generation composites and much more!
What you always wanted to know about Formula 1 and you never dared to ask!
BEST Madrid gives you the chance to go deep inside this unlimited engineering world guided by professors and professionals who are working or have worked in this field. Formula 1 is a multidisciplinar sport, and each detail and millimetre makes you win races, and this is an engineering work.
So if you want to discover all this, and how is the spanish culture (and for sure parties), get ready to spend two wonderful weeks, probably the BEST ones in all the summer :)
- Content and topics:
- Light alloys
- Engines performance
- Oils and fuels
- Crash tests and Formula 1 safety
- Ground vehicle mechanics
- Wheels and tires
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give an overview of all the engineering disciplines that work in Formula 1 Provide a basic knowledge of racing competition
- Examination type:
- test exam
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivated people with any connection with the topic Originality People eager to meet new people
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students residence and camping tents
- In the students residence, restaurants and picnic
- metro, bus, foot...