Life is Plastic! It's Fantastic!
First of all, I would like to apologize. Why, you might ask? Well, the answer is quite simple. The thing is, that during this summer you won't be able to get a song out of your head. That might not sound so terrifying right now, but wait until you hear the which song I'm talking about ;)
Well, it's none other than the fantastic Barbie song! :D You'll probably sing that song day and night by the time we're through with you! So, once again, sorry about that!! ;)
You may also ask: What?! Is this BEST course about Barbie dolls or what?!
Well, the answer is NO, but you are not absolutely wrong either.
PE, PP, PVC, PS, PET, PU...
Does that mean anything to you? No? Does it sound familiar, though you don't know exactly what they are? Let me help you!
If you look around, you can see them all around you: the floor, the computer, the phone even in the car... PLASTIC is EVERYWHERE!!!
So if you decide you'd like to spend the BEST summer holiday of your life in the amazing city of Veszprém, you can learn everything you've ever wanted to know about the material that surrounds you wherever you go. During this course we will introduce you to the history of plastic and explain the most important things about its structure, technologies, preparation and production etc. And since the base material of plastic is petroleum, we'll give you a chance to get some insight into the Hungarian oil industry as well. So you won't just be learning about plastic, but also about the hydrocarbon industry.
And of course you can experience the BEST spirit with the BEST and craziest orgaNICEers ever! :) Spend 9 amazing days with us: have fun, party hard, take part in the famous Street Music Festival of Veszprém, taste our delicious wines and - it probably goes without saying - our pálinka on the shore of the Hungarian Sea (a.k.a. Balaton)!! ;)
Don't miss the chance!
Come to Veszprém and get crazy with us! :)
Do you wanna go for a ride?
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During the event the participants can gain in-depth knowledge on petrochemistry, plastic and oil industry.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- During the course, participants will learn the basics of petrochemistry, they will visit different factories and labs to gain practical knowledge.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Basic knowledge on chemistry. Motivation letter and interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day (at least one hot meal per day)
- Public transportation