Put your Sport Gear ON & Boost your Health - the Olympic way!
Imagine waking up one morning, with a dazed face and aching ankles from yesterday's party.
Still sedated from abuse of psychoactive substances you look around the room, and you can see empty beer cans, the reason why your liver won't speak with you and remains of hamburgers, the cornerstone of every healthy, nutritious breakfast.
When you turn on the TV, you are suddenly hit: "Dear Lord, it's the Olympic year!
And I can't even climb up a ladder without loosing my breath..."
It's the turning point from where you decide to demonstrate your utter contempt for the unhealthy-like lifestyle.
First you'll fill the garbage can with alcohol, second put vegetables in every meal, third go to the local gym and fourth go to summer course, where the topics, from healthy lifestyle and its impact on every individual and society, to modern invention and engineering in medicine will be discussed.
And where is that? Oh, Ljubljana, the heart of Europe, small but cosy city between beautiful scenery with peaceful daylife and wild nightlife. A place you'll remember till the end of your life and even further.
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Food Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- We will focus on all aspects of Olympic games. Therefore we will discuss about healty nutritions, engineering products for athletes (prosthetics, aerodynamic dresses, other sport equipment,...) and medical aspect of the games (doping,..).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course objective is to provide expertise on modern engineering products, medicine techniques, right nutrition,... which help professional athletes or common users to maximize their potential.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of final project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants with smartest answers and best motivation letter will be accepted.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory or a hostel.
- 3 meals per day (of that 2 warm meals). We will take care of any special diet.
- Public transport, bus, car.