Move Like Jaguar : Take me Away , Make it Okay
As all we know transportation has a big part in our life. Cars, buses, trains always make our daily lifes more easier. However as all good things will, they will end suddenly. Because when we are using those transporters we are also using our natural resources. So one day, our planet will become unable to handle them.
There is one and only solution for them all. And its name is Sustainable Transportation.
11 awesome summer days...
22 lucky participants...
The most perfect place in Turkey for holiday...
And of course
Sooo what you waiting for???
- Fields of activity:
- Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Intelligent transportation systems, Fully-actuated intersection signal control design, transportation emissions calculations, hybrid vehicles, sustainable transportation systems, sustainability and public transit, intelligent transportation systems for public transit, bike sharing system.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students attenting this course would 1) have a general idea of sustainability issues in transportation sector and principles of sustainable transportation 2) learn about the public transit share and planning for sustainable transportation, in developing countries, 3) learn about intelligent transportation system applications for sustainable transportation, i.e. signal preemption 4) analyze the design details of a fully-actuated intersection signal control design system, CHAOS, and visit the control room of the application in Antalya 5) study the bicycle as a zero-carbon transportation mode and develop a bike-sharing system for a touristic region 6) be familiar about different methods of carbon emission calculation methods for different transportation sector segments (urban, freight, etc.)
- Examination type:
- 1) optimal signal desing using a traffic simulation program 2) road freight carbon emission for a selected region 3) group project developing a revised bicyle sharing system for a selected region
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers for questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hotel + University dorms
- Three meals per day
- Public transportars