Do not despair! We can still save the Polar Bear!
Have you seen the photos of the polar bear on the little melting ice shield in the polar region (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Melting-ice-polar-bear.jpg)? Have you wondered how we can prevent this from happening using sustainable practices?
Would you like to learn more about sustainable business practices in general? What does it actually mean to be Carbon neutral or have a zero carbon footprint?
What will you do in the beautiful months of April and May? Come and spend 9 unforgettable days in The Netherlands, making amazing new friends, experiencing the Dutch culture and way of life, and cuddle the polar bear!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures, company visits, case study.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- After this course, you will know of the various ways to reduce the human footprint on the planet and the ways in which the Delft University of Technology and various companies based in The Netherlands are making big contributions to global sustainability.
- Examination type:
- Written exam and/or presentations
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Scoutcentrum Kruithuis
- 3 meals per day prepared by the organizers, with at least one hot meal a day.
- Bikes will be given to participants for the duration of the course. Where bikes are not a viable option, public transportation will be provided free of charge.