The Game Of Woods
Remember remember the fifth of November the day the Winter was coming.
When two dozen brave pioneers stood in awe and trembled before upcoming frost.
What dangers awaited them, were they beaten in their quest?
Have the forces of nature took their flight and crushed them into dust from which all beings are created?
After countless of sleepless nights
Filled with dread, sweat and tears
They shook the foundations of existence and build,
constructed and manipulated their surrounding.
They invented things humbly described as architectural wonder
Enslaving the forces of nature in their benefit they showed
that from simple branch one can construct
shelters, windmills, even grill for smoked ribs
Now winter passed,
Pioneers came out from their wooden creations ? VICTORIOUS!
Everybody survived, and games and celebrations
Now-a-days only known as 10-day enent called: ?The Game Of Woods?
Years ? not years, centuries have passed, all the pioneers have passed away, but their legacy of woodmanship still lives on! So come this summer to Slovenia, country that is covered 70% by forest, when we will reveal their wooden legacy and teach you how to build your wooden mansion!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Materials Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Main thread of this course will be wooden construction, around which we will touch topics such as wood types, processing of wood, construction and similar.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course objective is to provide theoretical knowledge of 21st century wooden construction and wood itself, and at the end give participants to put all gained knowledge in the practice
- Examination type:
- Presentation of final project
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants with smartest answers and best motivation letter will be accepted.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory or a hostel
- 3 meals per day (of that 2 warm meals). We will take care of any special diet.
- Public transport, bus, car.