Become wiser - use the fiber!
Hello dear European student!
Ever wondered how the Internet gets to your house? How communication is possible through optical fiber? Do you like light sabers and lasers? Well then this course is meant for you ;)
So welcome to the country of French fries! (no, you are not in France, you are in Belgium)
You will get courses from the best professors of our faculty in a state of the art environment, namely about: history of optical communications, propagation of signals in optical fiber, lasers, modulations, optical networks, and you'll even get to visit our awesome labs!
You will also discover the charms of the heart of Europe, its beautiful old Grand Place, and maybe you will find out why people are so crazy about a little peeing boy... By the way, how about tasting our delicious Belgian chocolate, or drinking one of the 2000 kinds of beers that we have here in our small country?
So come and have the BEST week of your life in the capital of Europe, namely Brussels!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mathematics , Optics/Optometry , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- History of optical communications, propagation of signals in optical fiber, lasers, modulations, optical networks
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aims of project is to improve students' level of knowledge and promote interest about fiber-optic communication and in the same time improve student communication, soft skills and ability to work in team
- Examination type:
- Exam or presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select 22 participants based on their motivation letters, answers to questions, and since this will be an advanced course level their knowledge in the field will also be taken into account. What's more, we will try to keep the diversity between the countries and keep genders balanced.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- At a hostel in Brussels
- Three meals per day, at least one warm
- Public transportation, walking