The Dutch Waterworks: the battle against the sea
Information about our Summer Course:
The course will cover a wide range of subjects, like:
* The history of the Netherlands in the battle against the sea.
* The ‘Delta works’. This is the closurable dike, built after the big floods in 1953.
* The impoldering (land reclamation).
* Drilling platforms.
* The Maeslandkering. These two enormous steel constructions are the lockable gates of the river called ‘Maas’.
* The environmental aspects.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
All of the following are covered by the event fee: